The Boxer Coffee Story
- We have been importing and roasting coffee since 1984. Experience has given us a deep knowledge of coffee varietals, roasting technologies and packaging. We accomplish lower prices on these rare coffees by maintaining a minimum purchase of one 2.5-pound bag or 52 Single Serve Pods. Substantial savings in labor, packaging and shipping allows us to maintain equitable pricing on these more costly coffees.
- We keep our selection of coffees limited to maintain freshness. Our vacuum sealed and oxygen free packaging keeps the coffee fresh. Mix or match any two coffees from our selection. Storing coffee in the freezer is the best way to maintain freshness.
- Each of our coffees display an Agtron roast number, this number indicates the roast degree. No more guessing. Aside from the quality of the green coffee, the roast color is the best predictor of your satisfaction. Agtron numbers are a helpful guide and are explained HERE.
- We dedicate Boxer Coffee to the memory of Erna Knutsen. Erna sold us our first green coffees in 1984. Erna coined the phrase Specialty Coffees. In her lifetime, she broke many glass ceilings, introducing the world to the finest coffees which she alone sourced for small quality roasters. Erna helped start the Specialty Coffee revolution we are in today. Erna was the first to bring the great coffees of Sumatra to our shores.
- Superlative green coffee is just the start of what makes a better cup of coffee. Our roasting technologies give us enormous flexibility. We utilize the newest German/Swiss convection technology, and the oldest direct-fired Italian drum technology. Our vintage 1961 direct-fired, double-walled Probat roaster yields superbly deep dark roasts, without burning a single bean. We work hard to find incredible coffee, and we want you to taste the coffee, not the roaster.